Staying in Penang under MM2H Program
Penang, also known the Pearl of Orient. It was an island well known as a tourist spot. Its history, culture, people and food are one of the best in South East Asia, if not Asia. What is not well known is that Penang is also a great place to stay long term or retire.
Penang burst into the best city to retire scene when it was placed top 10 consistently since 2011 by many retirement magazines and websites. It is not only a place to retire but a place to stay on a long-term basis. Many young expatriates working in Asia chose Penang as their home base for travelling around Asia. Retirees finds this place inexpensive yet rich in culture and heritage.
Penang offers world-class healthcare yet it is also very affordable. Its friendly residents are living together harmoniously amidst diverse culture, religion and beliefs. It is a place where modern infrastructure juxtaposes with its colonial heritage. It has all the modern conveniences yet you can still find people practising crafts of olden days or religious cermonies that you think were lost in this modern world. It is this paradox that made Georgetown (capital of Penang) a very interesting UNESCO World Heritage site. You will be amazed on what you can do here and what you will find here.
Penang beckons to be discovered and rediscovered by those who yearns new experiences or a new perspective of life.
You may find out more about Penang from the following websites:
- Penang State Tourism Official Website
- Tourism Penang
- Guide to Penang – Malaysia
- TripAdvisor – Best of Penang
- Useful Tips for Visiting Penang
Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Programme is promoted by the Government of Malaysia to allow foreigners who fulfill certain criteria, to stay in Malaysia for as long as possible on a multiple-entry social visit pass.
This programme is open to citizens of all countries recognized by Malaysia regardless of race, religion, gender or age. Applicants are allowed to bring their spouses and unmarried children below the age of 21 as dependents. It is a long term Social Visit Pass for a duration of stay for a period of ten years with Multiple Entry Visa.
- 10 years multi entry social visit pass, and is renewable.
- Open to all citizens.
- No age limit.
- Allowed to bring family members and maid.
- Allowed to bring (1) car or acquire one in Malaysia which is tax free.
- High interest rates for fixed deposits.
- Dependent under age of 21 allowed to apply to study.
- May purchase any number of residential property in Malaysia (Terms & Conditions)
- Participant aged 50 years old and above can apply for part time job.
For further enquiries, please refer to www.mm2h.gov.my